gk question in english with answer: In this post you will study very important questions which will be very beneficial for your competitive exam.
in this post you gk question in english with answer 2022-23 All competitive Exam
gk question in english with answer overview
|Post Name||gk question in english with answer|
|Total Questions And Answers||1000+ ( PDF )|
|Exam||Very Usefull For All Competitive Exams|
|Important Notice||You will get the download PDF link at the bottom of this post.|
gk question in english with answer 2022-23
1. Who is called the father of geography?
Answer – Eratosthenes
2. What is the group of different planets, asteroids, comets, meteors and other celestial bodies revolving around the Sun called?
north solar system
3. How much of the matter in the Solar System system is contained on the Sun?
Answer- 99.999 Part
4. What is the source of all energy in the solar system?
5. Which is the largest volcano in the solar system?
Answer – Olympus Mons
6. Who is called the birth giver of the solar system?
north to the sun
7. How many revolutions of the Sun are there tomorrow?
Answer – 25 crores
8. How does the Sun rotate on its axis?
from north-east to west
9.What is the Sun?
Answer- a kind of gaseous ball
10. What is the central part of the Sun called?
Answer – Core
11. How old is Surya?
Answer – 4.6 billion years
12. What is the time in future to give energy by the sun?
Answer – 10 billion years
13. How many times bigger is the Sun than the diameter of the Earth?
Answer- 110 times
14. Sun is a ball of which gas?
Answer – Hydrogen and Helium
15. How much part of the solar heat does the earth get?
Answer – 2 billionth
16. What is the name of the body revolving around the Sun?
17. What is the name of a body that moves around a planet?
18. Who discovered the law of planetary motion?
Answer – Caplar
19. How many total constellations are there in space?
20. What did ancient India consider the Sun?
21. What is the decreasing order of planets according to size?
Answer – Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Varuna, Earth, Venus, Mars and Mercury
22. Which is the fifth planet of the solar system?
23. Mineral oil is found in which rock?
in sedimentary rocks
24. Into how many parts are rocks divided on the basis of origin?
Answer – Three (igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic)
25. What is the area of the center of the earth called?
26. What are sedimentary rocks?
27. Which is called the oldest rock?
north igneous rock
28. How many types of minerals are found in the earth?
29. What is the study of earthquakes called?
Answer – Seismology
30. On what scale is the intensity of an earthquake measured?
on the Richter scale
31. Who developed the Richter scale?
Answer- by American scientist Charles Richter (1935 AD)
32. How many types of vibrations are there in an earthquake?
Answer – Three (Primary wave, Second wave and L wave)
33. What is the velocity of the primary wave of an earthquake?
Answer – 8 km/s
34. Through which medium does the primary wave pass?
Answer- Through every medium inside the earth
35. What is the velocity of second wave?
Answer – 4 km/s
36. Through which medium does the second wave pass?
Answer- Only through hard medium
37. On the basis of origin, how many types of mountains are there?
Answer – 4
38. What percentage of the world’s population lives on the mountains?
Answer – 1 percent
39. What is the name of the latest ranges?
40. What is the flat part of the earth’s surface with a height of less than 500 feet called?
41. Which is the deepest lake in the world?
Answer- Please tell us the answer of this question in the comment
42. Where is Maselo Port?
in north brazil
43. Which is the deepest lake in the world?
North Lake Superior
44. What is the wide expansion that surrounds the earth called?
45. What is the upper layer of the atmosphere called?
46. Which gas helps the object to burn faster?
Answer – Nitrogen
47. Which gas produces proteins in plants?
Answer – Nitrogen
48. Which gas is the main source of energy?
Answer – Oxygen
49. Oxygen expands to what height of the atmosphere?
Answer – 64 kms.
50. Which is the heaviest gas?
Answer – CO2
51. How many layers does the atmosphere have?
Answer – 5
52. Which is the lowest layer of the atmosphere?
53. Which circle is called the convection zone?
54. Where did Mahavira founded the Jain Sangh?
in north pava
56. What is the fundamental point of Jainism?
Answer- Please tell us the answer of this question in the comment
57. With whom is Mahamastakabhishek related to the great religious event?
Answer – Bahubali
58. What is the worship of Lord Shiva called?
59. What is the written description of the events of human life called?
60. Who is considered the father of history?
Answer – Herodotus
61. In which period fire was invented?
In the late Palaeolithic period
62. The doors of which cities of the people of Indus Civilization used to open towards the main road?
North of Lothal Nagar
62 What is the main crop of Indus Civilization?
Answer – Wheat and Barley
63,Which did the people of Saidhawa use for sweetness?
north of honey
64. Which is the most diverting river /?
North Kosi River
65. Which is the longest canal of India?
Answer – Indira Gandhi Canal
66. Which is the most populous city of India?
Answer – Mumbai
67. Which is the largest desert of India?
north thar desert
68. Which is the most populated city?
Answer – Mumbai
69. Which is the union territory with the highest population density?
70. What is the percentage of India’s population to the world’s population?
Answer – 17.70%
71. How many states of India are bordered by the coast line?
Answer – 9
72. What is the percentage of plains in Sampuran India?
Answer – 44%
73. Which mountains are on the northern border of India?
74. In which state of India is Kangchenjunga located?
75. Which is the highest mountain in Uttarakhand?
Answer – Nanda Devi
76. What are the small grasslands on the slopes of the Lesser Himalayan range called?
77. How many islands are there in India?
78. Which is the holy river of India?
Answer – Ganga
79. What is Ganga called in Gangotri?
Answer – Bhagirathi
80. By what name is Ganga known in Bangladesh?
Answer – Padma
81. Tawa is a tributary of which river?
Answer – Narmada River
82. Where does the Kaveri river fall?
North Bay of Bengal
83. Which is the highest dam of India?
North Tehri Dam
84. Which is the longest dam of India?
Answer – Harikood Dam
85. Bhakra Dam is on which river?
Answer – Mahanadi (Odisha)
86. Agra is situated on the banks of which river?
Answer – Yamuna
87. Cuttack is situated on the banks of which river?
88. What is the weather condition in a region for a long time called?
Answer- Climate of that Kshetra
89. Which scientist was the first to describe the Indian monsoon?
Answer – Al Masuti
90. What is the climate of India?
north tropical monsoon
91. What is the atmospheric state of a region over a short period of time called?
Answer – Weather of that area
92. In which year weather related service was started in India?
Answer- 1875 AD.
93. Which areas of India get 200 mm of rainfall?
Answer – Jammu and Kashmir
94. What are the characteristics of monsoon climate?
weather change in the direction of north wind
95. What is the average rainfall in India?
Answer- 118 mm
96. Where does winter rain occur in India?
Answer – In Tamil Nadu and Odisha
97. What is the main basis of agriculture of a country?
Answer- Soil of that ten
98. What is another name of black soil?
Answer – Regur soil
99. Who is called Bangar?
Answer – Old alluvial soil
100. Black soil is most useful for which crop?
Answer – Cotton
You have read Top 100 Geography related questions so far, now you will read History related questions and answers, thank you for reading till here
50 GK Questions With Answers
1. Who was the main resident of Indus Civilization?
Answer – Dravidian and Mediterranean
2. What type of civilization is the Indus civilization?
3. Which are the major ports of Indus Civilization?
Answer – Lothal
4. Where was the evidence of fire pit found in the Indus civilization?
Answer – In Lothal and Kalibangan
5. In the Indus civilization, what did people worship the earth as?
Answer – Goddess of Fertility
6. The worship of which deity was most prevalent in the Indus civilization?
Answer – Mother Goddess
7. What was the special worship of animals in the Indus civilization?
8. Where was the first evidence of rice found in the Indus civilization?
North in Lothal
9. Into which classes was the Harappan society divided?
Answer – Scholars, warriors, traders etc.
10. In which crop did the Harappans lead?
Answer – In cotton
11. What is considered to be the period of Purna Vedic?
Answer – 1500 BC – 600 BC
12. What is the meaning of the word Arya?
Answer – superior or noble
13. What is the language of Aryans?
14. How many Vedas are there?
Answer – 4
15. Which are the most ancient scriptures of India?
Answer – Vedas
16. What was the main occupation of the Aryans?
Answer – Animal Husbandry and Agriculture
17. Which is the oldest Veda?
Answer – Rigveda
18. How many mandalas are there in Rigveda?
Answer – 10
19. How many hymns are there in Rigveda?
20. How many hymns are there in Rigveda?
21. How many are the old ones?
22. What is the main form of the wealth of Rigveda?
Answer – Godhan
23. Who is the exponent of Yoga Philosophy?
Answer – Patanjali
24. Which text is the basis of Hindu religion?
Answer – Vedas
25. Which are the holy books of Hinduism?
Answer – Ramayana, Mahabharata, Vedas, Puranas
26. What is another name of Mahabharata?
Answer – Jai Sahita
27. Which is the biggest epic of the world?
Answer – Mahabharata
28. Vishnu Purana is related to which dynasty?
Answer- Maurya Dynasty\
29. Which one is not recognized in Jainism?
Answer – God’s
30. Whose beliefs are there in Jainism?
north of the soul
31. Mahavir Swami believed in ?
Answer – In reincarnation and karmawad
32. What is the symbol of Jain Tirthankar Mahavir Swami ?
Answer – Lion
33. What is the Mudhakar of Buddhism?
Answer – Four Noble Truths
34. What was the center of Buddhist education?
Answer – Vikramsheela
35. Which are the oldest viharas in India?
Answer – Nalanda
36. Whose book is Jataka?
Answer – of enlightenment
37. In which state is Bodh Gaya located?
Answer – Bihar
38. Who was the first to embrace Buddhism?
Answer – Mahaprajapati Gautami
39. What is the symbol of renunciation of the house of Buddha?
40. Whose concept is not there in Buddhism?
north of the soul
41. Whose beliefs are there in Buddhism?
42. What is the symbol of the birth of Buddha?
Answer – Lotus
43. What is the worship of Lord Shiva called?
Answer – Shaiva
44. What is the religion related to Shiva called?
45. Who is mentioned for Shiva in Rigveda?
Answer – Rudra
46. What is Shiva called in Atharvaveda?
Answer – Bhava, Shiva, Pashupati, Bhupati
47. Where are the Lingayat sects prevalent?
in North-South India
48. What is the Lingayat sect called?
49. Whom did the people of Lingayat sect worship?
Answer – Shivling
50. Who was the successor of Shishunaga?
Answer – Kalashok
51. Who built the Sanchi Stupa?
Important GK Questions with Answers
Answer – Ashoka
52. Who came to India after the Greeks?
Answer – doubt
53. In which year was Kabir born?
Answer- In 1425 AD.
53. Who founded the Mughal dynasty?
Answer – Babur
54. What was the official language of the Mughals?
55. What was the Mughal ruler called?
Answer – Emperor
56. Who discovered the sea route between India and Europe?
Answer – Vasco da Gama
57. In which year did Guru Nanak die?
Answer- In 1539 AD.
58. What are the followers of Guru Nanak called?
Answer – Sikh
59. Which island of India is built in?
Answer – Mumbai
60. When did the Battle of Plassey take place?
Answer- In 1757 AD.
61. When was the tricolor flag hoisted for the first time?
Answer – December 29, 1929 AD.
62. Who was the successor of Samudragupta?
63. Who was the worshiper of Samudragupta?
Answer – Vishnu
64. Who was the most famous ruler to control the Silk Road?
Answer – Kushan
65. In which country was the technology of making silk first invented?
in north china
66. In which year did Gandhiji start the no tax movement?
Answer- In 1918 AD. (in Kheda district of Gujarat)
67. Where was the Swaraj Party founded?
Answer – In Allahabad
68. When did the Simon Commission come to India?
Answer- In February 1928 AD.
69. Which party did Jayaprakash Narayan belong to?
Answer – Socialist Party
70. Who suggested that the Congress be abolished after attaining independence?
Answer – Mahatma Gandhi
71. Where is the tomb of Lal Bahadur Shastri?
Answer – In Vijay Ghat
72. Who gave the slogan of do not do tax?
Answer – Sardar Patel
73. When was the first freedom struggle in India?
Answer- In 1857 AD.
74. When did the battle of Tarain take place?
Answer- In 1191 AD.
75. Who is the author of Panchatantra?
Answer – Vishnu Sharma
76. Which notes are in circulation at present?
Answer- 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500,2000 Rs.
77. Where is the bank note press?
Answer – In Dewas (Madhya Pradesh)
100 easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers in English
100 easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers in English: Let us now know the questions related to history, if you want to ask any kind of answer, then definitely tell us in the comment
1. Which is the largest cave temple of India?
Answer – Ellora (Aurangabad)
2. By what name did the Greeks or Greeks call the cotton produced in the Indus region?
3. What is the Indus Valley Civilization known for?
Answer – For your town planning
4, What did the people of Indus civilization consider the earth to be worshiped?
Answer – Goddess of Fertility
5. Where was Hazrat Muhammad Sahab buried?
North in Medina
6, What was the most organized part of the Chola army?
What were the worshipers of Vishnu called?
Answer – Alwar
8. What were the worshipers of Shiva called?
Answer – Nayanar
9.Jayangodar was the poet of whom?
Answer – Kulotung-1
10. What is the front called?
in the north provinces
9. What is the first of the district called?
Answer – subject husband
10. Who was the court poet of Harsha?
Answer – Banbhat
13. What is the head of the district called?
14, In whom was the division of the Bhukta done?
Answer: In districts
15, What is the province called?
16, What was the gold coin called in the Chola period?
Answer – Kashu
17. What was the main feature of the Chola administration?
18.Who established the independent kingdom of Cholo?
Answer – Aditya I
19. Whom did Vijayalaya tell the capital?
Answer – Tanjay
20. The Hoysala dynasty was a branch of which dynasty]?
Answer – Yadav Dynasty
21. Who founded the Kadamba dynasty?
Answer – Mayur Sherman
22. What was the capital of Kadamba dynasty?
north forest dweller
23, What is the meeting of traders called?
24.Who was the most majestic king of the Yadava dynasty?
26. Who founded the Yadav dynasty of Devagiri?
Answer – Bhilma Pancham
27. On which subjects did Raja Bhoj write texts?
Answer – On Medical Mathematics and Grammar
28. Who founded Bhojpur city?
Answer – Raja Bhoj
29. Which dynasty emerged after Paraman dynasty?
Answer – Of Tomar dynasty
30. Who founded the city of Delhi?
Answer – Tomar Naresh Anangpal
31. Whose title did Mihirbhoja adopt in honor of Vishnu?
Answer – of Adi Varaha
33. Where did King Dhang move his capital from Kalinjar?
Answer – Khajuraho
34, Whose title did Raja Bhoj take?
35.Who got the Saraswati temple built in his capital?
Answer – Raja Bhoj
36. When did the Arabs conquer Sindh?
37,Who was the last ruler of the Solanki dynasty?
38, at which place the rulers of the Sisodia dynasty are called rulers
on the north-mewar
39. What was the capital of Mewar?
40.Who was the first Muslim woman?
Answer – Razia Begum
41,Who started the system of Sijda and Pabos in the court?
42. Who is considered to be the founder of Mislim Raj in India?
Answer – Muhammad Ghori
43,Muhammad Ghori belonged to which dynasty?
Answer – Shansabani
44. Which sultan used to make a living by sewing a cap?
Answer – Nasiruddin Masood Shah
45. What was the court language of Delhi Sultanate?
46,Who started the system of Iqtadari
Answer – Iltutmish
47,Who established the Hindusahi dynasty of Punjab?
Answer – Kallar
48, How long did Aramshah rule?
Answer – 8 months
49. Who completed the work of Qutub Minar?
Answer – Iltutmish
50.Who was the last ruler of the slave dynasty?
Answer – Shammudin Kaimurm
51, Which dynasty came after the slave dynasty?
Answer – Khalji dynasty
52. Which Khilji ruler assumed the title of Khalifa?
Answer – Happy Khilji
53, How many canals did Firoz build?
54. How many canals were established by Firoz?
55, Which department was established to help girls
Answer – Diwan-e Khairat
56, When was the coronation of Firoz Tughlaq?
Answer – 1351 E, Main
57, What was the value of these coins equal to?
Answer – Silver Rupees of Tanka
58, when Baban assumed the title of emperor
Answer – In 1507 AD
59, what was the childhood name of Shersah
Answer – Farid Khan
60. Who was the successor of Babur?
Answer – Humayun
61, Who founded the city named Dinpanah?
Answer – 1533 AD, Humayun
62, Bhakta Tukaram, contemporary of which Mughal emperor
Descendants of Jahangir
63,Who was the originator of Qadri Dharmasangh in India?
Answer – Muhammad Ghaus
64. Where was the female Sufi Rabiya from?
65. Sufi Silsila is related to which religion?
north from islam
66, How many rulers were there in Bahmani kingdom?
67. What is the meaning of eighteen ?
Answer – Land Revenue Department
68. What is the meaning of Pir Panjal?
69. When did Zain ul Abadin ascend the throne?
Answer – 1420 AD
70. Who established the Hindu state in Kashmir?
Answer – Suhadeva in 13O1 e
71 Who established the Muslim dynasty in Kashmir?
Answer: In 1339 AD, Shah Mir
72 For how many years did Jaunpur last?
Answer = up to 75 years
73. Who came after the slave dynasty
Answer – Khilji dynasty
74. Where did Muhammad bin Tughlaq move his capital from Delhi
Answer – In Devagiri
75. What is made of volcanic eruption
76 Dal Lake is in which state of India
Answer. in Jammu and Kashmir
77 Who is called the father of history
Answer – Herodotus
78. At which place in the Indus Abhayta were the avasesam of the well found in the houses?
Answer – Mohenjodaro
79, is the marriage of a higher class woman with a lower class man?
For how many years did Mahavil do penance?
Answer – Up to 12 years
81, In which Kshatriya gotra did Mahamir deliver his sermons?
82. Who is the exponent of Vedanta philosophy?
Answer :- Badrayan
83. In ancient India Nishk Kine was called?
84. Who is the opponent of Yoga philosophy?
85. The earliest evidence of the practice of Leh Chhatu in India has been found?
Answer :- From Atranjikheda
86. Charaka Samhita book is related to?
Answer :- Medically
87. What was the governance system of the Vedic era?
Answer :- Republic
88 For how many years did Mahavir do penance?
Answer: – Up to 12 years
89. Into how many Ganadhars did Mahavira divide his disciples?
Answer ;-11 Holders
90. Who became the first Bhera or chief preacher of Jainism?
Answer :- Arya Sudharma
91. When did there be a severe famine of 12 years in Magadha?
Answer :- 300 BC
92, Who was the 24th and last Tirthankar of Jainism?
Answer :- Mahavir Swami
’93. Which Buddhist monk had dialogues with Zara Milind?
Answer :- Nagsen
94. What is not the same thing as Buddhism and Jainism?
95. Who is the author of Mahavibhasha Shasva?
Answer :- Vasumitra
96. Which is the holy book of Islam religion?
Answer :- Quran
97. What are the followers of this religion called?
Answer: Agni worshiper
98. Which is the main text of Christianity?
Answer – Bible
99. Who was the contemporary of Alexander?
100. Which is the holy book of Islam religion?
Answer – Quran
top 100 gk questions in english
1. Where was Guru Nanak born?Answer – Amritsar
2. Who gave the slogan of Delhi Chalo?Answer – Subhash Chandra Bose
3. Who is called the father of the Constitution of India?Answer- Dr. B. R. to ambedkar
4. When did railways start in India?Answer – From 1853 AD
5. When did the non-cooperation movement happen?Answer – In 1920
6. When was the Gandhi Irwin Pact?Answer – March 5, 1931 ( top 100 gk questions in hindi )
7. When did Mahatma Gandhi go to South Africa?Answer – In 1893 AD
8. When did Champaran Satyagraha take place?Answer – In 1917
9. When did the Chauri-Chora incident happen?Answer – In February 5, 1922
10. When was the partition of Bengal announced?Answer – In 1905 AD
11. What is called the Black Law?Answer – Rowlatt Act
12. When did the Jallianwala Bagh massacre take place?Answer – In 1919
13. In which year the Quit India Movement started?Answer – 1942
14. Who wrote the book The Great Revolt?Answer – Ashok Mahata
15. Who named the revolt of 1857 as revolution?Answer: Karl Marx
16. What was the main reason for the revolt of 1857?Answer – grease cartridge
17. Who was the Governor General of India during the Revolt of 1857?Answer – Lord Canning
18. In which place was Rani Lakshmi Bai born?Answer – In Kashi
19. When did the Santhal rebellion take place?Answer – In 1855
20. When was the English East India Company established in India?Answer – 1600 AD
21. Who was the leader of the Santhal rebellion?Answer – Sindhu and Kanhu
22. What was the main reason for the establishment of colonization by the British in India?Answer- Getting raw material and selling the goods manufactured by them in India
23. Who gave the Diwani of Bengal to the East India Company?Answer – Shah Alam II
24. Who was the first European to come to India?Answer – Portugal
25. When did the Battle of Plassey take place?Answer- Battle of Plassey took place in 1753 AD
26. Where is the dargah of Khajwa Moiddin Chishti situated?Answer – In Ajmer
27. Whose teaching is stored in the Bijak?Answer- Kabir
28. Who was the famous Sen of Bengal?Answer – Chaitya Mahaprabhu
29. Who was born in a place called Talwandi?Answer: Nanak’s
30. Who was the disciple of the great poet Kabir?Answer – Ramanand
31. Who was the founder of the Mughal dynasty in India?Answer – Babur
32. Who was the last Mughal emperor of India?Answer – Bahadur Shah Zafar
33. In which year did the first battle of Panipat take place?Answer – In 1526 AD
34. When did Akbar start the Din-e-Ilahi religion?Answer – In 1581 AD
35. Who was the finance minister of Akbar?Answer – Raja Todarmal
36. What was the name of the only Hindu who followed the Din-e-Ilahi religion run by Akbar?Answer – Birbal
37. On the bank of which river is the Taj Mahal situated?Answer – On the banks of river Yamuna
38. Who built the Taj Mahal?Answer – Shah Jahan
39. Who composed the Akbarnama?Answer – Abul Fazl
40. In which language was the Mahabharata composed?Answer- Sanskrit
41. For how many days did the Mahabharata war last in the field of Kurukshetra?Answer – Up to 18 days
42. Who was called the son of Ganga?Answer – Bhishma
43. In how many types is the subject matter of Mahabharata?answer me
43. How many types of war are described in Mahabharata?Answer – 8 types
44. Who composed the Mahabharata?Answer – Ved Vyas
45. Who was the third ruler of the Maurya Empire?Answer – Ashok
46. Who is the author of Arthashastra?Answer – Kautilya and Chanakya
47. Which ruler of India is called Napoleon?Answer – Samudragupta
48. Where was the capital of Magadha in ancient times?Answer – Pataliputra
49. When was the economics createdAnswer – 4th century BC
top 100 gk questions in english must read this article till the end because all the questions are going to be very important.
50. Who discovered Mohenjodaro in 1922 AD?Answer – Rakhaldas Vannerjee
51. During whose reign did the third Buddhist culture take place?Answer – Ashok K
52. Which Mughal emperor was the first to consume tobacco?Answer – Akbar
53. When did the second battle of Panipat take place?Answer – In 1556 AD
54. When did the great revolution of 1857 start?Answer – May 10
55.Who founded the Vijayanagara Empire?Answer: Harihara and Bukka
56. What did the rulers of Vijayanagara call themselves?Answer – Rai
57. Pataliputra city was established by whom?Answer – By Udaybhadra
58. Who was Megasthenes?Answer – Ambassador
59. How many Puranas are there?Answer- 18
60. Where is Taxila University located?Answer – In Pakistan
61. Who was the first ruler of the Maurya Empire?Answer – Chandragupta Maurya
62. How many stupas of Ashoka were built in the Buddhist tradition?Answer – 84,000
63. Who was the first Tirthankara of Jainism?Answer – Rishabhdev
64. Which new principle was added by Mahavir Swami in the theory of Parshvanath?Answer – Brahmacharya
65. When was Champaran Satyagraha started in Bihar?Answer – In 1917
66. The Act of 1919 is called?Answer- Mountague-Chelmsford Reform Act
67. When did the Simon Commission come to India?Answer – In 1928
68. Who was the founder of Swaraj Party?Answer- Motilal Nehru and C.R. Slave
69. When did Gandhiji start the non-cooperation movement?Answer – Since 1920
70. Who gave the slogan of Karo or Maro?Answer – Gandhiji
top 100 gk questions in english
71. In which year the Poona Pact was signed?Answer – In 1932
72. In which year the Rowlatt Act was passed?Answer – In 1919
73. In which state is Dundee located?Answer – In Gujarat
74. In which year was the Constituent Assembly formed?Answer – In 1946 AD
75. Who was the chairman of the Planning Commission of 1950 AD?Answer – Jawaharlal Nehru
76. Where was the first session of the All India State People’s Conference held?Answer – In 1927 AD
77. The path to salvation in the Hindu tradition isAnswer – The path of knowledge, the path of action and the path of devotion
78. What does Khanqah mean?Answer – Ashram
79. What does Khalsa mean?Answer- Gurugovindra Singh
80. Padmavat composed by the owner Muhammad Jayasi was?Answer: A love story
81. The battle of Deccan is called?Answer – Talikote War
82. When was the Vijayanagara Empire established?Answer – In 1336 AD
83. When was the Mughal Empire established in India?Answer – In 1526 AD
84. Which part of Babar Nama is known as ‘Ain-i-Akbari’?Answer – Part III
85. When was Gautam Buddha born?Answer – 563 BC
86. What was the name of the mother of Mahavir Swami?Answer – Trishala
87. Who was the 23rd Tirthankar of Jainism?Answer – Parshvanath
88. Under which tree did Gautam Buddha attained enlightenment?Answer – Peepal tree
89. The ancient Indian epic isAnswer – Ramayana and Mahabharata
90. Into how many parts was the Harappan settlement divided?Answer – 2
91. Survey of India was formed in?Answer – In 1878 AD
92. When was the Hindu Mahasabha established?Answer – In 1913 AD
93. When was the Muslim League established?Answer – In 1906 AD
94. Sovereignty is vested in the Indian Constitution?Answer – President
95. When was the Gateway of India built?Answer- In 1911 AD
96. Who led the great revolution of 1857 in Bihar?Answer – Kunwar Singh
97. Where is the famous Virupaksha Temple located?Answer – In Hampi
98. Who gave the slogan of Inquilab Zindabad?Answer – Bhagat Singh
99. Who gave the slogan of giving me blood, I will give you freedom?Answer – Subhash Chandra Bose
100. Which king first issued gold coins in India?Answer – Yavana Raja
General Knowledge Question Answer General Knowledge
Q. Where was Vasco da Gama from?
Ans :- Portugal
Q. Where is Hawa Mahal located?
Q. Which Sikh Guru is considered the founder of Sikhism?
Ans :- Guru Nanak
Q. Which is the main festival of Sikhs?
Ans :- crutches
36.Which great man is called ‘Iron Man’?
Ans :- Sardar Patel
Q. Which is the national animal of India?
Ans :- Tiger
Q.. Which is the national bird of India?
Ans :- Peacock
Q. Which great man is called Netaji?
Ans :- Subhash Chandra Bose
Q. What is the name of Lal Bahadur Shastri’s Samadhi located in Delhi?
Ans :- Vijay Ghat
Q. Who is the author of Mahabharata?
Ans :- Maharishi Ved Vyas
Q. Who wrote the book called Arthashastra?
Ans :- Chanakya (Kautilya)
Q. Who gave the slogan ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan?
Ans :- Lal Bahadur Shastri
Q. Who was the permanent president of the Constituent Assembly?
Ans :- Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Q. Who was the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Constituent Assembly?
AnsDr. Bhimrao Ambedkar
Q. World ‘Red Cross Day is celebrated on which date?
Ans :- May 8
Q. Which country is famous by the name of ‘Sunrise Ka Desh’?
Ans :- Japan
Q. International Women’s Day is celebrated on which date?
Ans :- 8 March
Q. Which is the smallest state in India in terms of area?
Ans :- Goa
Q. Onam is the famous festival of which state?
Q. When did Delhi become the capital of India?
Q. Which is the brightest planet?
Ans :- Venus
Q. Which is the national aquatic animal of India?
Ans :- Ganga Dolphin
Q. Which is the national fruit of India?
Q.. Which is the national flower of India?
Ans :- Kamal
Q. Which is the national tree of India?
Q. Which is the national sport of India?
Q. What is the ratio between the length and width of the national flag of India?
Ans :- 3:2
Q. Who wrote the national anthem of India?
Ans :- Rabindranath Tagore
Q. Which is the national anthem of India?
Ans :- Vande Mataram
Q. Who has written the national anthem of India?
Ans :- Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
gk questions in english
1. With which countries does India’s water border meet?
Answer – Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Maldives
2. What is the percentage of India’s area in the world’s area?
3. Which country is to the west of India?
Answer – Pakistan
4. What is the amount of protein in rice?
5. What is the total area of India?
Answer – 32,87,263 KM
6. What is the name of the world’s deepest lake?
Answer – Lake Baikal
7. What is the total number of lamps in India?
Answer – 247
8. What is mentioned in Article 1?
Answer – Name and territory of the Union
9. Why does the sun always rise from the east?
Answer- Because our earth rotates from west to east
9. In which year Arjuna Award was instituted?
Answer – 1961 AD
10. Where is the National Sports Association located?
North in Patiala
11. Who is the author of the book Mother Teresa?
Answer – Naveen Chawla
12. Vijay Ghat is the name of whose tomb site?
Answer – Lal Bahadur Shastri
13. What is the symbol of United Nations Organization?
Answer – Olive leaves
14. Where is the Hazardwari Mahal located?
in North West Bengal
15. What is the stem of turmeric called?
16. Gayatri Mantra is related to which goddess?
Answer – Savita Devi
17. In which year did Hitler commit suicide?
Answer – 30 April 1945
18. By what name is the Earth’s galaxy known?
Answer – Mandakini
19. What was the original name of Dayanand Saraswati?
Answer – Moolshankar
20. Who can dissolve the state government?
Answer – Governor
21. How long is the term of the governor?
Answer – Up to 5 years
22. What is the other name of Simon Commission?
Answer- White I commission
23. Who was the judge who sentenced Bhagat Singh to death?
Answer – GC Hilton
24. What is the name of the Parliament of India?
Answer – Parliament
25. Who dug the grave of Akbar and burnt his bones?
Answer – Rajaram
26. What is the main composition of Gobar gas?
Answer – Methane
27. What is the name of the smallest guarantee of the human body?
28. Where is the maximum production of coconut?
Answer – In Kerala
29. The highest production of tea is?
30. Where is the maximum production of chillies?
in north Maharashtra
31. Which state is the largest producer of rice?
North West Bengal
32. The permanent memory of the computer is called?
Answer – ROM
33. When is National Science Day celebrated?
Answer – 28 February
34. Who founded the Arya Samaj?
Answer – Swami Dayandasaraswati
35. Who was the founder of Yogya Darshan?
Answer – Patanjali
36. Who founded Pakistan?
Answer- Mohd. Ali Jinnah
37. Who started the magazine Kesari?
Answer – Bal Ganga Dhar Tilak
38. In which state Dudhsagar waterfall is situated?
39. Who invented the television?
Answer – John Logie Baird
40. What is the script of Punjabi language?
Answer – Gurmukhi
41. In which country was the paper invented?
in north china
42. Where did Lord Buddha attain enlightenment?
Answer – Bodhgaya
43. Where is the headquarters of Eastern Railway?
Answer – Kolkata
44. Whose disciple was Kabir?
Answer – Ramanand
45. Who was the author of Prithvi Raj Raso?
Answer – Chandravardai
46. In which place did the Khilafat movement take place?
Answer – Lucknow
47. In which year Azad Hind Fauj was established?
Answer – In 1943
48. In which year the Indian Universities Act was passed?
Answer- 1904 AD.
49. Fundamental rights have been taken from the constitution of which country?
from North America
50. When did America participate in World War II?
Answer- 6 August 1945 AD
GK Questions With Answers
- Who is called the light beam of Asia? Answer- Lord Buddha
- What was the name of Gautam Buddha’s son? Answer- Rahul
- Topic Which country has the most active volcanoes? Answer – USA
- What was the other name of Bhishma in Mahabharata? Answer – Devavrat
- How many satellites does Jupiter have in total? Answer- 79 satellites
- Which state is the largest producer of coal in India? Answer – Jharkhand
- Which are the oldest Vedas? Answer – Rigveda
- Who is there of Lakshmi of wealth? north owl
- Which Indian state was annexed during the British period under the Harap policy? Answer – Jhansi, Nagpur and Satara
- Which country shares its land border with most countries? North China
- Who was the first governor of India? Answer – William Batick
- Which gas is mainly found in Gobar gas? Answer – Methane
- Which metal is the best conductor of electricity? Answer – Silver
- By what name is the desert known in India? Answer – Thar
- What is the length of a cricket pitch? Answer – 20.12 meters
- Which country is the father of cricket game? north to england
- What is the weight of the ball used in cricket? Answer – 155 grams
- What is Vitamin K helpful in? Answer – In making blood clot
- What percentage of the lithosphere is covered by mountains? Answer – 26%
- What percentage of the lithosphere is plateau? Answer – 33%
- What percentage of the world’s population lives in plateaus? Answer- 9%
- Where does the cradle of civilization go? north to the mountains
- Which gas is found in the largest amount in our atmosphere? Answer – Nitrogen
- What are the permanent elements of the atmosphere? north climate
- Who is the chairman of NITI Aayog? Answer – Prime Minister
- How long is the term of the State Legislative Assembly in Jammu and Kashmir? Answer – 6 years
- Which planet is known as dwarf planet? Answer – Pluto
- Are Sharda act sambandhit? from child marriage
- At which place did Lord Buddha take his body? in north Kashmir
- Which is called the heaviest metal? Answer – Osmium
- When is World Forest Day celebrated? Answer – March 21
- What is used in mixing gold jewellery? Answer – Copper
- What is the name of laughing gas? Answer: Nitrous oxide
- Which film won the Oscar award in 2018? north water figure
- When was slavery outlawed in India? Answer- In 1843 AD .
- Where was the first underground railway station built in India? Answer – Himachal Pradesh
- What is meat production called? Answer – Red Revolution
- Is it an extinguishing gas? Answer – Carbon dioxide
- Which element is found in abundance in the human body? Answer: Carbon dioxide
- Who is the author of the national anthem of India? Answer- Rabindra Nath Tagore
- What is the ratio of the length and breadth of the national flag of India? Answer- 3:2
- Which was called the full national animal of the tiger? north deer
- When did Vande Mataram first go? Answer- In 1896 AD .
- Which is an alloy of zinc and copper? Answer – Brass
- In which state of India is the art of Sansi? North- Uttar Pradesh
- In which state is Bodhgaya located? North in Bihar
- Math temples are sambandhit from which religion? Answer – Buddhism
- Where did Mahavir Swami died? Answer – Pavapuri
- Who was the mother of Mahavir Swami? Answer – Trishala
- Which crops are sown throughout the year? down – rye